1 EAGLETON NOTES: Computers: Don't You Just Love Them?

.

.

Monday 28 April 2008

Computers: Don't You Just Love Them?

I had a Good Day yesterday. Leastways I keep saying that to myself. I was all set with an 0530 start to achieve so much. The first thing was a posting on this Blog about my garden here. But 'twas not to be. My trusty laptop had a "catastrophic hard drive failure" - just after I'd remarked that it was doing so well. Who says that there is no God and that he isn't all knowing and that he doesn't have a very odd sense of humour. Oddly I was terribly calm about the whole thing. All my data was backed up except an up-to-date copy of my PGP encrypted files. The only ones of those that matter and that I don't have elsewhere are all my passwords and bank accounts and the suchlike which will be a real nuisance to re-create because I use such a variety of passwords with different user names and email accounts. Ah well. So now I have to decide what I'm going to do to bearing in mind that I need one because I go away on Wednesday. But, hey, at least I'll have a faster machine with a hard drive of more than 40Gb so I won't have to cart all my data around on external hard drives.

1 comment:

  1. I can only think of nice things to say about computers (becausae I'm afraid of what will happen if I say nasty things). But then, will saying nice things tempt fate. Perhaps I just should not have commented!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.