1 EAGLETON NOTES: I Have Returned

.

.

Friday 13 June 2008

I Have Returned

I have returned from Ayr Hospital where I had my CT Bone Scan and MRI Scan. I go back there next Friday for the results. It would have liked to Blog on the hospital itself because it is a lovely hospital and, like the Western Isles Hospital in Stornoway, it has lots of greenery and attractive spaces which helped to create a very pleasant environment. The hospital was built on the outskirts of Ayr in 1991 and replaced a number of old hospitals. It is surrounded by trees and fields. The x-ray and nuclear medicine departments that I visited were attractive and the staff were brilliant, helpful and friendly. Needless to say, despite having acres of car parking, cars were parked on any space anywhere were a car would fit. I went by public transport - a bus!

I would have loved to have taken photos - the dining room with it's huge conservatory area overlooking the countryside was a joy to be in - but somehow photographing a hospital doesn't seem the thing to do. I did, however, take a photo of some of its visitors: a family of Oystercatchers in one of the inter-ward green spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.