1 EAGLETON NOTES: In Reflective Mood

.

.

Wednesday 4 June 2008

In Reflective Mood

You'll forgive me if I'm a tad reflective today. This is the second anniversary of Andrew's death. It's also my Birthday. It started out being a very emotional day for me. It actually turned out to be a remarkably ordinary sort of a day. It was bright and sunny and I think that it might have been the warmest day of the year so far as well: certainly my two lots of washing dried very quickly. CJ and I went into Town and then pottered around the garden. Pat and Dave called in this afternoon and Carol and Iain called this evening. Yes, it was a perfectly ordinary sort of a day. Just the sort of day I like. In fact its ordinariness was a considerable comfort.

I was also very moved by the number of calls, cards and presents I received. There will be more about these anon.

To emphasise the ordinariness of the day I have chosen to show you photographs which I took today of very ordinary things:

Bombs away

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Beady eye

Big mouth

Large White on small flower

Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.