1 EAGLETON NOTES: I'm a Good Sailor

.

.

Friday 15 May 2009

I'm a Good Sailor

By that I mean that I don't get seasick. Well not as a rule anyway. Which may be just as well. After 4 fabulous day today has been very strong winds and the television forecast gales for the morning. It could be a bumpy crossing. Ah well. the Glad Game again. The crossing only lasts 2 hours and 40 minutes!

Fortunately the Met Office forecast shown on the right isn't quite so pessimistic for 0700 when the ferry sails. Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful garden there, Sir - Such wonderful views...

    Your dear son is very like you, it's lovely to see you beaming together...

    Have a wonderful time. Be safe, and travel well. Word verif is mistsped - May you be sped indeed, but may the mists be gentle on the ferry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I retained my head and my hat ta. And 'though 'twas bumpy I survived without mishap to the digestion of my bacon roll. I should add, Cynthia, that during the years I was a non-meat eater I never lost my hankering (that word again) for bacon rolls.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.