1 EAGLETON NOTES: On The Third Day

.

.

Wednesday 13 May 2009

On The Third Day

the sun continued to shine out of a flawless sky. The sort of sky that my Dad would not have regarded as perfect because it had no clouds. Like many other photographers, particularly those in the era of black and white, Dad regarded clouds as essential to give a photograph depth and interest. Of course for most landscape photos he was absolutely correct. But today my interest lay in the garden and not in photopgraphy.

Yesterday I made a long list of things to do in the garden. All but two (scarifying the grass and painting the outside wooden chairs) have been done. I feel virtuous and tired. In 7 minutes I shall be asleep.


1 comment:

  1. I remember how he used a yellow filter to exaggerate the cloud effects. When I started out I had a yellow filter and then when colour film arrived a UV filter. Now that was proper photography!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.