1 EAGLETON NOTES: How To Open A Tin

.

.

Monday 6 July 2009

How To Open A Tin

The subject of opening tins seems to be on the agenda at the moment. Scriptor mentioned it in his posting curiously entitled I've Lost My Ankles a few days ago. Then yesterday when he wanted to open a tin, he was holding the above tin opener when he asked me what I used for opening my tins. This seemed, even by the strangeness of questions which CJ and I often address to each other, a very curious one. 'Well' he opined 'it can't be this. You have so many gadgets in this kitchen that I can't believe that you don't have some more sophisticated gadget for opening your tins.' Well I don't. I have had. People have presented me with various contraptions and I do have one for taking tops off tins which cannot be opened with a 'proper' tin opener. But the best tin opener that I have ever used is the above plain, simple, humble tin opener.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha - I don't do many gadgets, honestly - always the simple approach, which also takes up very little space :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, GB...that's pretty humble, alright.
    ;^)
    (Word verification: "peelingr"....thingy for peeling the lids off of cans in blogland...
    ;^) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more. Best opener ever. Sometimes the simplest things are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. Have tried loads, including the electric one given to me. Simple simply works.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.