1 EAGLETON NOTES: In Buchannan Street

.

.

Sunday 19 July 2009

In Buchannan Street

For the last five weeks I have on many occasions walked along Buchanan Street in Glasgow. It is pedestrianised. There is much street theatre and entertainment. One lady who seems to be there every day and all day in every weather is The Accordionist. She always plays happy tunes and I am glad to say that such people now seem welcomed rather than persecuted as they were not so very long ago. She has my admiration. What I want to know, though, is how long an accordion which is played six days a week for, say, 6 hours a day lasts! And that goes for arms too!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!
    I love the "life" in this one.
    Would love to hear her play.
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.