1 EAGLETON NOTES: Sculptures in The Kibble Palace

.

.

Sunday 5 July 2009

Sculptures in The Kibble Palace

Many people, including me, go to a Botanic Gardens to look at the plants and relax and soak up the atmosphere. Many, of course, go simply to enjoy the sun and sit outside and watch their children play or have a picnic or otherwise relax. I have to say that once I got inside the Kibble Palace the plants, though very interesting, took second place in my enjoyment score to the sculptures. I have always enjoyed sculptures and was absolutely overawed when I was in Firenze (Florence) by the statuary there. I must blog on it sometime. But I digress. In the Kibble Palace were a number of statues which really appealed to me. Eve reminded me a bit of Pania of the Reef which is a statue in Napier.



2 comments:

  1. oooooh's and aaaaaaah's

    Photo's are very well taken, GB :)

    I can sense the cool silk like feeling as it would be to touch this marble...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are superb aren't they. Thank you for signing up, hope you continue to find interest, all the best A.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.