1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Strawberry Pudding

.

.

Monday 6 July 2009

A Strawberry Pudding

I'm not a great pudding/sweet person. I do make them for my dinner guests but I tend to fall back on fairly safe sweets like fresh fruit or one or two staple favourites including a fairly mean cheesecake. You are far better off waiting for the cheese course for which, before I became more health conscious, I used to ensure guests would devour, savour and remember. Yesterday I decided to make a strawberry, cream, yoghurt and meringue concoction which required partial freezing and some delicate timing. All the ingredients were guaranteed non-fattening! Given the reception the concoction received I think this may find its way into my permanent repertoire.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my...I certainly am impressed!! You are much too far from me to have a bite though...maybe you could send me the recipe and I will atleast have a try. Non-fat is much better than the ice cream that I've been eating :)

    This looks so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather: When I said guaranteed non-fattening I was actually stretching the truth somewhat. Actually I was stretching it so far that it broke. Sorry. I forgot that irony is not really part of your humour culture. I don't have the recipe with me in Glasgow and although I'm sure that I could remember most of it I'll make sure that you have it by the end of the week! Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mean cheesecake, you say? Yum yum yum! From the looks of this pudding, I'd be inclined to eat anything that comes out of your kitchen if it all looks as delicious! (Pshaw, health-consciouness... When it comes to dessert, it's guaranteed healthy--for the mind!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was spectacular! Kate just loved it and it is now on her list of "puds" to eat when she comes home, or when she lands on your doorstep in N.Z.

    I have a feeling that you are going to be making this often (very).

    Thank you for a wonderful meal. A whole afternoon of watching the Wimbledon final and then a meal at your house. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that, Spesh. Well I know what I'll be making for a while then. One thing: I can't take it as a plate when I provide something for the Croquet Club - it wouldn't survive past the end of the drive in that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely! I'll be looking forward to that recipe posting, too...
    ...and irony...there is tons of it going on here...just harder to read at times in print, lacking voice-inflections, raised eyebrows, etc...
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.