1 EAGLETON NOTES: They Did It

.

.

Sunday 9 August 2009

They Did It

I received a card from CJ, Jo and Richard yesterday. It was kinda cute and very appropriate.

The card was a reference (as if you couldn't have guessed) to my win in the Croquet tournament last week.

However I think that it should refer to the Royal Mail who managed to figure out to where it was supposed to be delivered.

As I am the only Edwards on the Island (as far as I and the Phone Book know) it should be easy enough to find me. Even easier if you have the postcode which one assumes was present before the letter arrived on the Island. But without my name and with only the tiniest other clue I think Royal Mail did rather well.

2 comments:

  1. I think they must have some detectives on staff.
    ;^)
    (Love the card, by the way...PERFECT!)
    ;^) ;^) ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, and impressive effort by the Royal Mail!

    Back in the late 70's I sent a postcard to friends touristing in the south of England, only knowing the name of a village they would be visiting for a few days (not the name of the people they would be staying with). It reached them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.