1 EAGLETON NOTES: Bramall Hall

.

.

Friday 25 September 2009

Bramall Hall

Yesterday Lesley (whom I've known since I was 4) and I met for lunch and a walk and some catching up.  After lunch we walked through the grounds of Bramall Hall which is a timber-framed manor house surrounded by 70 acres (28 ha) of landscaped parkland featuring lakes, woodland, and gardens; its oak timber framing was originally infilled by wattle and daub. The oldest parts of the house date from the 14th century, with later additions from the 16th and 19th centuries. Unfortnately the weather was not very pleasant and, although it didn't actually rain, it was dull and not a good day for photography. 


 


4 comments:

  1. I love old British manor houses and castles... The style of this one reminds me of Little Moreton Hall (Cheshire) which I mentioned in one of my memories posts (also a timber-framed black-and-white building). Thanks for showing the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had forgotten this place, it has to be the most impressive. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't find anything in Vermont so perfectly represented. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.