1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Friend Comes To Stay

.

.

Wednesday 16 September 2009

A Friend Comes To Stay

One of my greatest and longest standing friends from my 'new' life ie the one I started when I came to the Hebrides 34 years ago, is Marcel du Marche from Le Jardinier Ecossais. We started work here for the same organisation on the same day and, until things were sorted out we shared a cupboard (yes it really was a cupboard) until our own offices were ready. He received  the name Marcel du Marche from the French market stall holders who came to the village where he holidays in France.  They gather for breakfast consisting of a huge barbecue of steaks and other goodies which would fill me up for two days washed down with sufficient quantities of red wine to render me helpless.  Marcel managed to hold his own and thus became an honorary member of the club.  By this time I was cowering under the stairs in case someone came to find me.  I'm reasonably sociable but there are limits.

Last night he arrived for a week's visit and holiday.  Unlike me he still works so his time is not his own to the extent that mine is.  We will have a Good Week.  Then I shall be off gallivanting (I spell it gallavanting but the spillchucker prefers an i) down South to see CJ/Scriptor Senex and friends before I zoom off to the other side of the world again.


 
 Taking a rest from the garden in France
 
Marcel has always complained that the above photo made him look grumpy.  He's not!  He just has a thing about wheelbarrows.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to Marcel - I have no doubt he'll enjoy his stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been in a mood of inspiration it seems - again three posts coming along all at once! :) I wish you a good week with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he does look very grumpy. Like you I know he's not. Hope the weather stays as good as it is today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha..I like the controversy with your spelling :)

    And you know that I like this photo of Marcel! I hope that you both have a fun filled week.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.