1 EAGLETON NOTES: Cliff Beach, Uig

.

.

Thursday 5 August 2010

Cliff Beach, Uig

On our trip to Uig last week the sun came out for about half an hour (I’ve just read in the local paper that between 25 and 31 July inclusive Lewis only had 4 hour of full sun) and I managed to get some photos at Cliff and Reef beaches in that time.  Here are the ones of Cliff:

Cliff1

DSC02899 A fank or gathering and, in this case, shearing of the sheep

2010-07 Harebells in profusion

DSC02887 And marsh orchids in glorious splendour

3 comments:

  1. The first photograph is one of the best I have ever seen. Ask your son to sharpen it a little and it is world class.
    PS the rest are OK. Particularly like the Harebell.
    OK....What am I thinking of!...Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful views and flowers, GB. I really like that first view with the flowers in the foreground and the beach and sea beyond. Trying to remember whether I've ever seen marsh-orchids but I'm not sure. The other flowers are common here too. Looking at these photos one wouldn't believe you've had so few hours of sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful, I imagine walking through the fields barefoot with a gentle breeze and just soaking it all in.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.