1 EAGLETON NOTES: A Maizing

.

.

Thursday 9 September 2010

A Maizing

I'm so sorry.  I try not to inflict titles like that on you too often.  After all I don't want to lose you.  But this is so feeble and obvious I had to have a go.  I'm sure for those of you in the US this maize isn't so tall but here in France it is by far the tallest we've seen.  It was growing by John and Sue's and that was David being used as a reference height ie one fairly average height Scotsman.  I have to say that I don't think I've seen maize this tall in New Zealand either.


2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to remember if I ever saw maize growing IRL at all. Probably not. So haven't really got anything to compare with. I like your title, though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good crop! I have seen it as high around here though. Have you seen any of those places in rural areas where the farmer cuts out a maze in the maize crop and makes a few extra bucks by turning it into an short lived attraction?

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.