1 EAGLETON NOTES: Google Confuses Me

.

.

Friday 8 July 2011

Google Confuses Me

I just received an email on my phone.  I read it.  It was sitting there on my phone for me to see.  I decided that I would respond whilst the mood was upon me.   I opened my Apple mail and it wasn't there.  Odd.  I went to my Google mail account.  It wasn't there either.  Even odder.  So (and bearing in mind the email is staring me in the face on my phone) I tried to forward it to myself so that it would re-appear on the computer.  The phone told me that I couldn't forward it because it didn't exist.  There are various scenarios (scenaria?):  that was a very strong glass of wine I had earlier; I'm going mad; Google's going mad.  I just hope that it's the last one.

5 comments:

  1. i get that if the email was in response to a comment on facebook - and they then deleted the comment..
    Its a bit like deleting a blog post after publishing it still went out to everyone on RSS feed.
    The dilemna for me is can you admit you got it, read it, know about it and would like to respond when it does not exist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. surely, it's not you! it has to be Google, couldn't be the glass of wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fi is right...I've had that happen in those scenario's too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I can recall one very amusing incident when that happened and the person then thought better of it. I pretended I didn't see it but it was such a gem and I have always thought even more highly of the person who did it ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.