1 EAGLETON NOTES: The Journey to Exeter

.

.

Saturday 16 July 2011

The Journey to Exeter

I am ensconsed in my bedroom at the Woodbury Park Hotel near Exeter having traveled the 240 miles down from the Pennine foothills via the M6 and M5 and arrived at around 3.30 yesterday afternoon (although it seems like an age ago).  It's just over three hours to The Wedding.  My niece, Helen and her partner Ian are tying the knot.  The Nighthawk and I have official duties ferrying the Bride and CJ.  So yesterday afternoon I took The Nighthawk to get a good wash and brush up so that it would be respectable after the 5 day journey from Lewis.  I might as well not have bothered.  It's poured this morning and she's filthy again.  The roads around Exeter seem uncommonly mucky!  The garage is too far away for me to have another go and it'd probably be just as mucky again when I arrive back here.  C'est la vie.

4 comments:

  1. your being there is the important thing! tell Helen and Ian best wishes from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes one need a muck coloured car in Devon.........Your carbon credit account must be well in the red. A one man climate changer are you.
    Wish them both all the very best for the future.......the rest has all been said before so I will refrain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Scrappy Grams and Adrian. We all had a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.