1 EAGLETON NOTES: Soooo Much

.

.

Thursday 21 July 2011

Soooo Much

to do and so little time.  OK I know I'm not alone in having that problem.

CJ and I arrived back in Eagleton late Tuesday evening after a fairly bumpy trip across The Minch.  'They' really should get the surface of The Minch attended to - too many potholes or was it the swell.  I'm fortunate in that I'm a good sailor but one or two went very quiet once we were out of Loch Broom and into the swell.  I can't believe that it was like that in July.

It took the rest of the evening to unpack the car and sort out the resultant mess.  I often wonder how I can travel with so much stuff when I'm in this country but travel with one small suitcase when I travel between here and New Zealand.  The answer is partly clothes: I don't need to take clothes between here and NZ.  

Yesterday was spent, as one might expect, doing the usual things one does when one arrives back from a trip away.  Of course CJ and I added to that a trip to town and The Woodlands Centre for our daily coffee and crossword fix.  Whilst I tried to bring the garden under control in the afternoon CJ sorted wedding photos.  Pat visited in the afternoon and Carol came down in the evening.  By then a most enjoyable day was drawing to a close and a catch-up phone call with Mo one of my oldest friends (which is a reference to how long we've known each other and not to her age!) in Canada was my final act before sleep took hold.

Today I will, hopefully, be back in Blogland at least for a while.

2 comments:

  1. That's the advantage of almost always travelling by train or plane - I simply can't take much stuff with me, since I need to be able to carry everything on my own at all times, sometimes for quite a distance. And I enjoy travelling lightly; I like having to make do with only a few basic items (it is quite surprising how few things one actually does need).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know you're back home - for as long as it lasts ;)

    Good thing that in Britain at least you have a car bigger than a handbag! (Or maybe that's the problem? The more space we have, the more stuff we bring along...)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.