1 EAGLETON NOTES: Thankful Thursday

.

.

Thursday 21 July 2011

Thankful Thursday

My phone was singing away in the kitchen.  I wondered why.  It's Thursday.  Already?  It can't possibly be a week since I was at my God-daughter's. Surely not.  Yet it is!  A week, a wedding and well over a thousand miles ago.

So this morning as I look out over The Minch and take stock I am thankful for the fact that I am able to travel and see my friends and relatives and share their lives.

But, and I'm sorry 'cos I shouldn't really be saying this, I'm not thankful for the Rock Pigeons which hoover the seed out of my bird feeders:

6 comments:

  1. Now that's funny!!! They are also birds , you can't be bias here! lol! What Bird are You?
    Find out which bird best represents your trueself.
    http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/bird/bird_instructions.asp

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it were the first you had seen you would be scooped seed into it. Any wildlife is more entertaining than the TV..........with exception of PM's question time (this week only) GP and MotoGP and nature programmes.. Perhaps TV isn't so bad.....QED..Neither are pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have to accept that the pigeons are here to stay!!! They aren't that bad are they???

    PS I still love your photos, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, GB...they get such a bad rap from most everybody! Poor things. They're just tryin' to get by, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK folks now that you've made me feel truly guilty at not liking pigeons I've decided that they are just birds like any other and will put up with their mess all over my roof and them hoovering the seed I provide for the little'uns but I still can't agree with Spesh who thinks that pigeons (and sheep!!) are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well at least the sheep don't eat your birdfood - do they? (If you do catch one at it, it will be worth it for the picture.)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.