1 EAGLETON NOTES: Never Tempt Fate

.

.

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Never Tempt Fate

I commented to a friend yesterday that I'd had my bread maker since I'd moved into the house in 1993 and that after constant use all that time it was still going strong.  This morning it stopped working.  Amazon or Ian Lighting Electrical in town - here I come.  However I had a thought.  It was the paddle driver that wouldn't turn.  I'd lubricated the paddle on the flour container when I came back from NZ so I assumed the electric motor had gone.  But no.  Some WD40 (penetrating oil spray) and it's working.

It will be a while before I tempt fate again though!

3 comments:

  1. I smile at how you labeled the post (superstition). Congratulations on getting the machine to cooperate again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should know better than to tempt fate - especially after what happened to me when I wrote about The Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Monica I've had comments on my use of the term Fate on FB as well. You are right CJ - I should have known better.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is activated 14 days after the post to minimise unwanted comments and, hopefully, make sure that I see and reply to wanted comments.